Fans of the Puck Podcast,
Have you ever wanted to be the GM of your own hockey team? Ever thought you could build a team of superstars that would be an annual championship contender? Ever wanted to beat me so badly I prayed for mercy? If you answered yes to any of the above questions than you might be the perfect candidate for the Puck Podcast Fantasy Hockey Keeper League! Here’s how it will work:
- Three centers
- Three left wings
- Three right wings
- Four defenseman
- Two goalies
- Five bench spots
- Total of 20 players
- Two injured reserve spots
- Special Teams Points (power play and shorthanded)
- Penalty Minutes
- Wins (goalies only)
- Goals Against Average (goalies only)
- Save Percentage (goalies only)
- Shutouts (goalies only)
- You must select exactly five players as keepers which will remain on your team from one season to the next. No more, no less.
- The players you select as keepers may be any combination of forwards, defenseman and/or goalies that you want.
- Keeper designations must be made via e-mail to league commissioner by 11:59pm PT on August 31st.
- You cannot keep the same player for more than four years in-a-row. After the fourth year the player must re-enter the draft where any team owner, including you, can draft him.
Season & Playoffs
- League will be a head-to-head league. Each “game” will last one week.
- Day that the “game” starts and ends on will be determined once we decide which site we will use (Yahoo or CBS Sportsline).
- Top six teams will make the playoffs. The top two teams will earn a first-round bye.
- The playoffs will take place over the course of the last four weeks of the regular season. The first and second rounds will last one week each, the championship will last two weeks.
- The draft will take place live online on Wednesday, October 1st at 6pm PST.
- Original draft order will be determined via a random drawing.
- Original draft only will be done via serpentine system. For example, the first round, and all odd numbered rounds, will go in order 1-12. The second round, and all even numbered rounds, will be the reverse, 12-1.
- After the first season all drafts subsequent draft orders will be determined by the final standings. The first six picks will be determined via a random drawing involving the six teams that did not qualify for the playoffs. The last six picks will be determined based on the results of the playoffs. The team that is eliminated in the first round with the worst record from the regular season will get the #7 pick, the other team that is eliminated in the first round will get the #8 pick. The team that is eliminated in the second round with the worst record from the regular season will get the #9 pick, the other team that is eliminated in the second round will get the #10 pick. The team that loses in the championship round will get the #11 pick and the team that wins the championship will get the #12 pick.
- Starting with the second draft, and for all subsequent drafts, the draft will begin with the sixth round. The first five rounds will be pre-determined to reflect the keeper selections of each team.
- Starting with the second draft, and for all subsequent drafts, all rounds of the draft will go 1-12. In other words, the team with the #1 pick will have the 1st pick in each round.
- If, for any reason, an owner cannot continue from one year to the next he or she will be replaced and their team will be given to another owner.
- The departing owner is asked to let the league commissioner know that they will be leaving the league no later than August 1st.
- The new owner will inherit the roster as is and be expected to determine the five players to keep by the same deadline as stated earlier.
- The league itself will not cost anything to join.
- However, there may be fees to join the league depending on which site we use to host the league (CBS Sportsline or Yahoo).
- Each year the winner of the league championship will receive a complimentary Puck Podcast t-shirt and a trophy which they can do whatever they like with as long as they do not allow any person, regardless of age or cuteness, to defecate on it.
I will be the commissioner of this league and I am looking for 11 owners to join me. If you are interested in joining me in this league please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All entries must be received by 11:59pm PT on Monday, September 1st, 2008. On September 2nd, 2008 I will conduct a random drawing of all entries to determine which 11 players will join me in this league. If you have already e-mailed us about being in the league you do NOT have to e-mail us again as we have already entered you in the drawing.
Thank you very much for your support of the Puck Podcast and your interest in joining this league. I look forward to beating all of you on an annual basis.